The foam wiper ball is designed to separate fluids and wipe drill pipe or tubing, cleaning cement, fluids, and debris from the inside of the pipe
- Made of natural rubber and can be used in a temperature range of 40°F (4°C) to 302°F (150°C).
- Have parting stretch of 380% to 440%, which means it can pass through small restrictions without being damaged.
- May be used to wipe the drill pipe or work string to help ensure that scale does not remain on the ID.
- May be pumped behind cement to help ensure fluid separation and to wipe sheath deposition from the work string ID.
- Balls easily pass through restrictions such as mechanical setting tools, diverters, and liner running tools.
- Multiple balls can be pumped if necessary.
- Thousands of foam wiper balls have been used successfully to clean tubulars and drill pipe and isolate fluids during cementing operations.