5-1/2” Plug Dropper
Blackhawk’s 5-1/2” Rotating Plug Launcher is ideal for rotating while cementing production casing from 4 in. to 5-1/2 in. Specifically designed for the shale play market, this tool combines the technology developed and refined for deepwater applications into a smaller, lighter package for use on land rigs.
Click here to watch an animation.
- High-pressure swivel facilitates rotation while cementing; widely accepted as best practice among experienced shale play operators and cementing experts.
- Inspection ports that enable on-site visual confirmation of loaded wiper plugs.
- “Flow-around” cage design centralizes and minimizes differential pressure across wiper plugs.
- Cement isolation valve above tool isolates top drive during cementing operations.
- Industry-exclusive LED tattle-tale, effective in all weather conditions, provides confirmation of plug/ball/dart release from tool.
- Plug Launcher arrives on-site pre-loaded with wiper plugs and pressure tested, saving valuable rig time.
- Optimized time management and wellbore fluid conditioning with quick and easy tool rig-up and rig-down.
- Increased well control which equates to safer working conditions.
- Reduced likelihood of costly and hazardous remediation for fluid migration during primary cementing operations. - Improved cement bond log (CBL) for well completion and production.